Activity spotlight: Fab Lab & READ Club

Hafsa Haji, Staff Writer

Fab Lab

The Fabrication Laboratory (or Fab Lab) is an important place in our building as well as one of the many clubs offered at VMSS. The after-school session is led by Mr. Podmers. This group meets all week, depending on which days you choose. At the start of each trimester, there’s a new class. Signing up for the class is easy, but getting in takes some time because you have to wait to be chosen for the club. While you are there, you learn to use almost every machine. At the end of the trimester, the class works on a big, final project. Note: Fab Lab is no cost.

R.E.A.D Club

R.E.A.D Club is another VMSS club. They meet up one day every other month. The meeting takes place during students’ Advisory. It is about 30-45 minutes long. During their meetings, they discuss new or popular books. They also play games and participate in activities based off of specific books or authors. At every meeting, R.E.A.D Club members can check out new books! R.E.A.D Club is free. R.E.A.D Club is lead by Mrs. Martin, Ms.Kump, and Mrs.Erickson. If you are interested, see Mrs. Martin for more information.

Joining an after-school activity can be fun, full of learning, and can expand your horizon. Whether it’s R.E.A.D. Club, Fab Lab, a sport, or any other activity, all of them can inspire you.