A peek inside Drama Club and Transylmania

Ellie Voge, Staff Writer

For the past few days, I have stayed after school to watch the Transylmania performers practice their lines and their stage presence in an effort to make the show great.

8th-grader Sarah McDevitt, who plays Victoria, has the largest number of lines in the play with 112. Victoria is a monster created by Dr. Frankenstein. Aaron Conners is also a lead in the play; he plays Cosmo, a human, but also Boris in the monster mash.

My time behind the scenes has been a unique chance to see fellow students become different people on stage, and I think that is the main reason why people are in the Drama Club. It’s a chance for them to see life in a different way and through a different perspective. It’s a chance to enter a fantasy character’s mind and see what’s happening in that world.

7th-grader Nik Niemi and 8th-grader Morgan Gallagher both said that being in the play is a great thing because you’re not worried about what people will think about you. You’re only worrying about who your character is. Acting is being your character and focusing on what you need to do to make your character come alive and be as real as possible.

The performers aren’t the only ones who have to work day and night to make this play successful. The crew advertises, sets up the stage, organizes costumes, makes the scene realistic and works on sound effects lighting. Without them, there wouldn’t be a play. From the set to the costumes and makeup, they do everything behind the scenes. 

Transylmania is freaky cool. It includes jokes and spectacular funny dances that you’ll want to repeat all day long. The performers and crew have worked on this play day and night, and they hope you enjoy it and see it in different perspectives as they do. You don’t want to miss it!