Cast, crew, audience have important roles to play in fall show

Emma Overholser, Staff Writer

It takes a lot of work to put on a play, and it is almost time for this fall’s hard work to pay off. This year’s annual fall play is Transylmania, and the first performance for the public is this Thursday, November 16. Many people will contribute to making the show a success, including committed actors, crew members, directors, and respectful audience members.

People who want to audition for a school play have to sign up and choose which day to audition. There are usually two days. When it is a person’s turn to audition, the two directors, Mrs. Mersy and Mrs. Larson, watch the person in the lecture room. It only takes around five minutes individually and around an hour for a group. Usually the musicals take longer.

Once roles are assigned, practice begins two weeks later. Rehearsals are almost every day after school. They start right after school and, for the first weeks of practice, they end at 4:40. Closer to the performance dates, practice usually ends at 5:00.

After around nine weeks of practice, the performances begin. There are three performances during school for students to watch and three for the public.

Those in the play are looking forward to sharing their hard work, and they wish to remind audience members that they have a role to play as well. “I want them to enjoy the show and also show respect because we put so much hard work into it,” said Eva Gordhamer, a student who is quite involved in Drama Club. In the past, audiences have not always been respectful of the hard work the cast and crew put into a show.

This year’s student matinees are this Wednesday and Thursday, followed by public performances on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The Transylmania cast and crew hope to see you there!