The Eagle's Call

At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Back to Article
Back to Article

At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Justin Cowan, Staff Writer

Mrs. Debby is very important to many of the VMSS students who go to the Community Center. They go to hang out and play sports with their friends, or use the playground out front. Whatever they do there, they’ve seen Mrs. Debby. 

Mrs. Debby does not care about what people think of her. When Mrs. Debby was asked if she could have a shoe what would it be, she said that anything that’s comfortable, which shows that she don’t really care what you think about her and she probably knows kids think that she’s mean but, most likely she doesn’t care.

Some middle schoolers think of her as mean because she is strict. 7th grader Devin Trotter Ford said, “She is always riding.” Older students mostly have a different opinion. High schoolers might agree she is strict, but only because she cares and because she demands respect.

Mrs. Debby is a huge Vikings fan shown by the fact she wears purple every Monday after a Vikings win. Not a loss, but a win. Her celebrity crush is also Adam Thielen, which is not a common answer.

She described kids who come to the community center as energetic and ready to have fun. She reports that sometimes they do it in an inappropriate manner, but she can usually rally them back. She also said some come to work on their “hooping” skills. She said she hates to have to turn kids away when they forget their ID. She also feels bad turning away kids who have to come because their parents aren’t home and have nowhere else to go.

Her favorite part of the job is talking to the kids because there are so many different personalities out there. Some try to act all tough but, they are really sweet kids she reports.

If Debby was given a thousand dollars, she would donate it to charity. That is very generous, but there’s more. The charity is one that she started. It’s called The Drawer. It gives socks and underwear to people in need. That really is a great thing for her to be doing, but there’s more once again. They have donated over 20,000 socks and underwear to people in need. You can’t just go to Walmart and buy yourself 20,000 pairs of socks and underwear.

Next time you see Mrs. Debby, remember these things. Look for purple on Mondays and look for coral nails or clothes. Also, try and make a donation to her charity, The Drawer. People like Mrs. Debby are the people who should be role models and inspire. Not Kim Kardashian, real people like Mrs. Debby.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “At the CC: Mrs. Debby”

1. Hamsa on November 15th, 2018 12:52 pm

Mrs. Debby sounds like a good teacher in my opinion even though I did see her

2. Nathan Junker on November 15th, 2018 1:00 pm

I think it’s good that Mrs. Debby does not care what other people think about her. Mrs. Debby also helps a lot at the CC.

3. Christantine on November 15th, 2018 1:04 pm

I have seen her at the community center she helps around a lot and tries to help everyone the most she can.

4. Wal on November 15th, 2018 1:56 pm

Mrs. Debby seems like a person i personally respect people need to understand that she needs to be strict or else people are going to crazy. I have been to cc and she was very nice to me

5. John Williams on November 15th, 2018 2:03 pm

I have personally never been to the community center but this article was very interesting. Maybe I’ll make a trip there soon.

6. Adam Skillicorn on November 16th, 2018 9:03 am

I am a Seahawks fan but she sounds like a great person so keep up the work.

7. Emelia Reynoso on November 16th, 2018 10:11 am

I thought that you did a great job on this article and Mrs. Debby seems super kind.

This publication encourages civil discussion of important issues and values constructive reader feedback.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Community

The MN Zoo provides year-round fun

• At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Community

A VMSS Halloween includes variety

• At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Community

At The CC: Community Center entertains local kids

• At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Community

Local Burnsville charity helps save MN babies

• At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Community

Community dance class provides positive space for students

• At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Community

Ambassador program offers chance for community involvement

• At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Community

Valley students celebrate winter holidays

• At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Community

Dakota County’s top 5 restaurants reviewed

• At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Community

7th grader brings joy as AVFD mascot

• At the CC: Mrs. Debby

Community

The MN Zoo provides year-round fun

A publication by and for students of Valley Middle School of STEM
At the CC: Mrs. Debby